Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hey,
This is my second posting. Another big week here in Baltimore. Finished one opera and started another. I feel extremely fortunate to be playing as much as I have so early in the season. I am particularly excited about this new piece that composer V Jackson has written for Baritone voice, clarinet, piano and bassoon. It is extremely gorgeous, well written, totally idiomatic for clarinet. I predict big happenings with this emerging composer. Oh, if you are interested the performance is on Oct 14 at TU.

Okay, question...if one perceives that the conductor is not following the singer on stage, should one go with the singer or the conductor? I had a colleague make the comment to me that the conductor is boss. Really? My instincts say go with the singer. What says you?

No comments: